It’s been a while since I’ve written film reviews. On my first review blog, the reviews were very thoughtless and unhelpful. On my last film blog, I didn’t even put reviews. The only serious review I did was six pages long for a class. So, if anyone could answer some/all of my questions, it would be really helpful. I want to adhere to what people want to learn in a film review.
- Should I add descriptions of the movie in my own words? I don’t now because I feel that my readers have already seen the film or could IMDB it if they’re really interested. This is something I’m leaning towards doing, though.
- How’s the length? Fine as is? Too long? Too short?
- What should I include in my reviews that I don’t already? I have basic details of the film, movie poster, my opinion, favorite/least favorite aspects, and whether or not you should watch it. Would you like trailers? Suggestions of where to watch it?
- Are there any widgets you’d like to see on the blog?
- Should I change the theme?
- Anything else you would suggest?
I realize this is my blog and I can do whatever I want with it and eff what people think and blah blah blah. Well, I want it to be user friendly. I want to give people a medium to discuss and discover film. If I’m missing an essential, I want to know.